The Gleaner
Breaking News

Police Report June 28, 2022

Fatal ATV accident in Franklin
The Sûreté du Québec (SQ) has confirmed that the driver of an all-terrain vehicle (ATV) involved in an accident in Franklin on Saturday, June 18, succumbed to his injuries in hospital the following day. According to a report by Agence QMI, Marcel Tremblay, 36, was thrown from his ATV after losing control while driving on Church Street near Route 201 around 7 p.m. SQ spokesperson Beatrice Dorsainville confirmed the driver had not been wearing a helmet at the time of the accident and that speed could have been a factor.

One dead following collision in Saint-Chrysostome
A 45-year-old driver died on June 16 following a three-vehicle collision in Saint-Chrysostome. According to a report by The Canadian Press, the accident took place around 5:30 p.m. on Route 209.

An initial report by the SQ indicated that for an unknown reason, a first vehicle veered into oncoming traffic. To avoid the first vehicle, a minivan swerved off the road, striking a Hydro-Québec pole before landing in the ditch. The vehicle immediately behind the van was unable to avoid the accident and struck the first vehicle head-on.

Stéphane Tremblay, a spokesperson for the SQ, confirmed the driver of the first vehicle died in the crash. The driver of the vehicle he collided with, a 19-year-old man, was transported to hospital with serious but non-life-threatening injuries. The four occupants of the minivan were uninjured.
Route 209 was closed between Montée du 4e Rang and Montée Mercier. Hydro-Québec crews were also dispatched to the scene to repair the broken pole, which left many residents along the 4e Rang without power.

Deadly collision in Saint-Stanislas-de-Kostka
An 82-year-old man has died following a head-on collision in Saint-Stanislas-de-Kostka on June 16. The accident took place around 5:15 p.m. on Route 132, near Montée Léger. According to The Canadian Press, the jaws of life were used to remove one of the drivers, who was transported to hospital in critical condition where he was pronounced dead. The other driver, a 21-year-old man, suffered serious but not life-threatening injuries. Route 132 was closed in both directions between Route 201 and Route 236 while police investigated the cause of the accident.

Latest stories

Larocque bridge will not reopen this Friday

The Gleaner

Earthquake centered in Godmanchester shakes the Valley

Sarah Rennie

NFSB to produce a catch-up plan for students

Sarah Rennie

Leave a comment

* By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.

Follow by Email